Academic Board Secretariat
Tel: 8344 7527
Secretary to the Academic Board. The Academic Secretary manages the operations and business of the Board and its committees in conjunction with the Academic Board officers. The Academic Secretary has particular responsibility for:
- coordinating and managing the business of the Board Managing the dissemination of Board decisions and academic policies and procedures and providing advice to University staff on Board operations and academic policy and procedure;
- the development and drafting of Board approved academic policy and procedure, including the ongoing review of related University legislation and ensuring appropriate provision is made for implementation of Board approved academic policy and procedure in the University;
- providing expert advice on University policy and procedures to the Academic Board Officers, the Chairs and members of committees, academic and professional staff;
- ensuring compliance with statutory, policy and other requirements across areas governed by the Academic Board; and
- assessing the implications of proposals for change and make recommendations as appropriate, having maintained an awareness of the external environment relevant to academic governance.
Academic Governance Officer
Tel: 8344 3801
Lydia undertakes research and analysis on a range of academic issues, preparing reports as required. She is responsible for drafting academic policy and procedure and providing advice on the interpretation and implementation of policy and procedure.