The Melbourne Graduate Program is a two-year program for the best and brightest graduates to launch a professional career that makes a difference.
The University is home to some of the best thinkers, and as professional staff, graduates enable our academics to add to the stock of human knowledge and address some of the major challenges of our time.
Over the two years, you will have three tailored rotations across a range of professional services to give you exposure to different functions of the University and assist you with finding out what work makes you thrive.
There is a structured and personalised development program with targeted induction, leadership lunches and mentoring to accelerate your personal and professional development. This all helps to expand your networks and interact with fellow peers of the graduate cohort.
The University encourages graduates from all disciplines to apply, as the work is diverse across many professional service areas.
Working for the University of Melbourne means working in a dynamic, world-class organisation. The program will provide you with the tools, skills and support to accelerate your professional development and to kick-start your career at the University. We will work with you to find a permanent, ongoing role after the program.
Development and support
- Orientation program to introduce you to your peers, managers and new working environment
- Pairing up with a buddy from a senior Graduate cohort to ensure you settle into the University and to provide you with ongoing support
- Professional Development workshops and learning events to develop critical skills
- Cohort activities to benefit from each other’s experiences, ideas and feedback
- Leadership lunches with University senior leaders, to gain understanding of what they do and how they built their career
- Access to a diverse community of graduate program alumni, to help you build your network
- Career mentoring in the second year to provide you with guidance in preparing for your next steps
- Assistance in finding an on-going role after the program within the University