Melbourne Graduate Program
- Two-year program
- Three rotations across diverse roles
- Guaranteed ongoing employment at the end of the program
- Starting salary of $71,816 per annum plus 17% superannuation (total package of $84,025)
- Graduates from all universities eligible to apply
You’re probably familiar with the work academics do to prepare students for their careers, advance knowledge and change lives. But did you know there are a host of professional staff who also support the University’s core business? In fact, they make up about half of our workforce.
The Melbourne Graduate Program allows recent graduates to launch a professional career that makes a difference.
Working for the University of Melbourne means working in a dynamic, world-class organisation. Over two years in the Melbourne Graduate Program, you will have three rotations across a broad range of professional services teams to give you exposure to different functions of the University and broaden your skill set. The program will provide you with the tools, skills and support to accelerate your professional development and to kick-start your career at the University. At the end of the program we will work with you to find a permanent, ongoing role within the University.
Development and support
At the heart of what we do is a belief in lifelong learning. Throughout the Graduate Program you will take part in a structured development program to help you increase your professional skills, your understanding of self and others and empower you for your next steps. These activities enable you to accelerate your personal and professional development and expand your network through interacting with leaders and fellow peers of the graduate cohort.
Tailored development activities include :
- Orientation program to introduce you to your peers, managers and new working environment
- Leadership lunches with University senior leaders, to gain understanding of what they do and how they built their career
- Professional Development workshops and learning events to develop critical skills
- Cohort activities to benefit from each other’s experiences, ideas and feedback
- A buddy from a senior Graduate cohort to help you settle into the University and provide ongoing support
- Access to a diverse community of Graduate Program alumni, to help you build your network
- A career mentor in the second year to provide you with guidance in preparing for your next steps
- Support to find an ongoing role after the program within the University
The professional roles available at the University are diverse. As part of a generalist program, graduates work in roles that develop broad technical and professional skills in a variety of professional areas. These include Human Resources, Finance, Marketing, Procurement, Research Support, Student Services and more. You will contribute from day one with responsibilities in a real team to challenge and develop your skills.
There are eight positions available for graduates to commence in 2021, so you will be part of a tight-knit and well supported cohort. We welcome applications from graduates of any University and encourage graduates from all disciplines to apply, as the work is diverse across many professional service areas.
Click here to find out about some of the roles our graduates have experienced as part of their rotations.