Join the Pride in Action Network Committee
The inaugural Pride in Action Network Committee was established in January 2019 to lead the Network's members, strategy and program of work, with individual committee members appointed for a duration of two years.
And now, two years in, we would like you to join us!
We are in the process of recruiting a new committee member for our Marketing and Communications Lead.
The Pride in Action Network committee recognises the inherent value and richness of diversity, and the associated benefits of fostering an inclusive environment. We recognise the breadth of identities seen across the LGBTQIA+ community, both in orientation and expression, and the shared intersections of diversity many in our community experience. We celebrate the evolving diversification of our community and aspire for meaningful inclusion which both acknowledges and celebrates this transformation.
Currently, the Pride in Action Network Committee sees diverse representation across gender, ethnicity, ability, faith, and LGBTQIA+ orientation and expression. Our diverse representation has strengthened the insights, viewpoints and cohesiveness of our committee in working towards our shared goals and vision. To uphold this value moving forwards, we warmly encourage people of all diverse lived experiences to apply. We commit to implementing an equitable selection process and will actively recruit for diversity.
Submission and Selection Process
All nominees are invited to submit their nominations for a specific role (maximum two pages).
- Download the Committee Roles and Selection Criteria
- Read our Terms of Reference
- Nominations must address the core competencies and key selection criteria for their desired role, as well as the following two criteria:
- Previous engagement with the LGBTIQ+ community and/or other diverse/marginalised communities
- Respectful and open to learning and practice the values of diversity, intersectionality and cultural humility
- Please send a copy of your nomination to: email@example.com
- Please indicate in the subject line the following: Nomination for Pride in Action Network Committee ‐ [enter role]
Within the body of the email, please indicate whether you are a staff member or a student, and the division or faculty that you are associated to.
Nominations close 12 February 2021.
Nominations will be short listed, with short listed candidates invited to a Zoom discussion with committee members.
All unsuccessful nominees will be advised in writing at the conclusion of the selection process. If you have any questions, please get in touch.