Ten University of Melbourne academics have been elected to the Academy of the Social Sciences in Australia, in recognition of their distinguished contributions to their disciplines and to society.
University of Melbourne Provost Margaret Sheil congratulated the newly-elected Fellows, noting that the number of academics elected in 2017 showed the range and depth of expertise at the University.
“The 2017 Fellows from the University of Melbourne are world-experts in their respective fields and demonstrate our strength in the social sciences,” Professor Sheil said.
The 10 Fellows are:
- Emeritus Professor Sidney Bloch AM, Emeritus Professor of Psychiatry
- Professor Peter Bossaerts, Professor of Experimental Finance and Decision Neuroscience
- Professor Lee Godden, Director, Centre for Resources, Energy and Environmental Law
- Professor Vedi Hadiz, Professor of Asian Studies
- Professor Craig Jeffrey, Director, Australia India Institute
- Professor Anne Lillis, Fitzgerald Chair of Accounting
- Professor Jane Pirkis, Director, Centre for Mental Health
- Professor Garry Robins, Professor of Psychology
- Professor Naomi Soderstrom, Professor of Managerial Accounting
- Professor Adrienne Stone, Director, Centre for Comparative Constitutional Studies.