Work Shadowing Program
Host a Work Shadowing experience to profile your organisation, engage with motivated students and make a difference to their career trajectory.
The Work Shadowing Program will not run in 2020. We appreciate your understanding and ask that you please visit this page on a regular basis for further updates, or explore the university’s career resources.
The Work Shadowing Program (WSP) is a collaboration between the University of Melbourne and registered host organisations to provide a 4-7 hour observational opportunity for a group of students at a host organisation's workplace.
The aim is to help students:
- Gain insight into work environments
- Explore career paths
- Develop work-ready skills such as communications and interpersonal skills, confidence and maturity
- Expand their professional networks and connections.
The WSP will target students across all faculties early in their course who are interested in knowing more about the world of work and your organisation or sector.
Expressions of Interest are now open
We are now taking Expressions of Interest for the 2020 Work Shadowing Program.
|Students allocated to host organisations||Mid-April|
|Student induction workshops||Late April|
|Work Shadowing placement period||May|
*With some flexibility outside these dates.
- Contribute to the development of future professionals and leaders.
- Build early connections with our talented, diverse and connected students.
- Showcase your brand to the workforce and customers of the future.
- Unlock the insights of our globally-connected student community.
We support host organisations by:
- Co-ordinating all student placements
- Screening and selecting students
- Providing guidance and suggested activities for mentor host organisations
- Facilitating a compulsory induction workshop for selected students
- Co-ordinating relevant host agreements and legal requirements (e.g. insurance)
- Providing opportunity for host and student feedback after the WSP has concluded.
For more information, please contact email@example.com