Visit this gates map to find out where gates are located on campus.
Gate 1 (Tin Alley)
- Tin Alley is a two way street and entry is via Gate 1 only for vehicles.
- Tin Alley provides access to Spencer Road and Sports complex.
- Tin Alley continues to gate 14 for pedestrians and cyclists only.
- Access to Professors Walk and Union Road will be allowed in certain circumstances and at low use times. When access is required, 24 hours advance notice must be given by sending an email to Transport and Parking.
- Access is available only to deliveries and contractors working in David Caro and Physics buildings.
- Located on Swanston St, Gate 4 will become the main vehicle access point to the Southern part of the Parkville campus from 19th February, 2018.
- Monash Road is subject to restricted access. It is used for emergency vehicles, deliveries, operations and maintenance activities in Wilson Ave, Kernot Road and access to the Medical building loading bay.
- After hours access to Monash Road can be arranged by calling +61 3 8344 7877 to speak to the Control Room Operator for access
- This is a high pedestrian area, please be aware of pedestrians and other vehicles
- The area inside Gate 6 is a designated pedestrian area.
- Delivery vehicles will be allowed access between 8pm to 8am. Other times vehicles will be allowed access in certain circumstances and at certain low use times but notice is required by email 24 hours in advance to Transport and Parking.
- Notification is not required during an emergency. The driver should state the type of emergency to the Control Room Operator via the intercom who will remotely open the rising bollard.
- Contractors and maintenance vehicles should use Gate 8 if they require access to ERC, 1888, Frank Tate, John Smyth buildings and rear of 757 Swanston Street.
- Use the intercom or call +61 3 8344 7877 to speak to the Control Room Operator for access.
- Located on Grattan Street, Gate 10 will be closed to all vehicles apart from Emergency vehicles from 19th February, 2018.
- Access is located on Royal Parade.
- Contractors and maintenance vehicles should use this gate if they require access to Medical Road and the Babel bollard.
- This area consists of limited loading and maintenance permit bays.
- This gate does not provide entry. It is an egress only gate.
- Access to Genetics Lane will be via gate 11.
- Vehicles will be allowed access in exceptional circumstances but notice is required by email 24 hours in advance to Transport and Parking.
- This is a pedestrian area with no stopping permitted.
- Vehicles will be allowed access in certain circumstances but notice is required by email 24 hours in advance to Transport and Parking.
- This is a pedestrian area with no marked bays.
- Tin Alley at gate 14 provided access for pedestrians and cyclists only.