Vice-Chancellor's Fellowships were established in mid 1997 to provide "in residence" status for distinguished public intellectuals to promote their contributions to society in their particular area of expertise.
Appointment is usually for one year, or may be taken part-time over several years.
The University is proud to introduce the following Vice-Chancellor's Fellows:
- Professor Suzanne Cory, AC MSc Melb. PhD Camb. HonDSc Syd. HonDSc Oxf. FAA FRS – Appointed 2010
- Professor Daryl Le Grew, AC, BArch Melb. MArch Melb. – Appointed 2011
- Dr Fiona Stanley, AC MB BS WA – Appointed 2011
- Ms Joanna Murray Smith, BA Melb. – Appointed 2012
- Dr Carolyn Rasmussen, BA Melb. DipEd Melb. MA Melb. PhD Melb. – Appointed 2013
- Professor Stephen Knight, BA Oxford PhD Syd. – Appointed 2013
- Professor Kate Auty, PhD MEnvSc Dip Int Env Law (UNITAR) BA LLB – Appointed 2014
- Ms Erika Feller, LLB BA Melb. – Appointed 2014
- Mr Jack Hibberd, MBBS Melb. – Appointed 2015
- Professor Sir Jonathan Mills AO, Chev A et L BMus Syd. MArch RMIT Hon DLitt St Andrews Dr h c Edin. DUniv Stirling & QMU Hon DMus Syd. Hon DArts RMIT FRSE FRSA – Appointed 2015
- Mr Jim Middleton, BA WA – Appointed 2015