The University offers an extensive range of awards, grants, programs and scholarships to both staff and students, for activities across a wide spectrum.
The Leaders in Communities Award
The Leaders in Communities Award (LiCA) recognizes and rewards your volunteering, University participation, and professional development activities, both on and off campus. It provides a framework for you to record and reflect on your experiences, enabling you to become active in your local, regional or international communities, and develop employability skills needed for 21st century workplaces.
LiCA is designed to help you:
- Give back - Volunteer in organisations and communities locally or globally
- Get involved - Participate actively in the University community
- Gain skills - Develop your personal and professional skills
University of Melbourne Excellence Awards
The University of Melbourne Excellence Awards recognise the outstanding achievements of academic and professional staff in the key areas of teaching and learning, research, engagement, professional excellence and strategic priorities.
As an integral part of the University's institutional strategy, the three strands of the triple helix are acknowledged through:
- The Melbourne Research Excellence Awards, which recognise the outstanding achievements of academic staff in the areas of research higher degree supervision, team-based research programs and industry-engaged research
- The Melbourne Teaching Excellence Awards, which celebrate excellence in contributions to teaching and student learning
- The Melbourne Engagement Excellence Awards, which recognise the achievements of staff in advancing public value contributions and the development and delivery of engaged teaching and research
The integral work of professional staff is also recognised through the Melbourne Professional Excellence Awards.
Finally, the Melbourne Strategic Priorities Excellence Awards recognise excellence and innovation in priority areas for the University, including internationalising the student experience, enhancing the University's international research profile and impact.