As one of the finest universities in the world, the University of Melbourne is committed to creating international outcomes, and to fostering brilliant, innovative and inspiring research.
We prepare graduates to make their own impact, offering education that stimulates, challenges and fulfils our students, leading to meaningful careers and the skills to make profound contributions to society.
We measure our success by the 10 goals articulated in the University’s strategic plan, Growing Esteem 2015–2020.
We strive to be:
- Known for service to the nation, recognising the responsibilities inherent in our role as a leader in higher education
- Consistently ranked among the top 40 universities globally
- The Australian university of choice for the most talented students and scholars worldwide
- Known for research and impact, underpinned by a comprehensive and world-leading discipline base
- Renowned for delivering learning and teaching programs that transform talented students into thoughtful and accomplished graduates
- Supportive of, and provide opportunities for, students from all cultures and all backgrounds to successfully participate in the educational, cultural and social life of the University
- Renowned for achieving student satisfaction and graduate outcomes comparable to the best universities in the world
- Fully engaged in the life, culture and aspirations of Melbourne and the regions we serve
- Recognised as a leader in embedding sustainability in all aspects of the University’s operations, teaching and learning, research and engagement
- Deeply connected with business, government and community, using our campus precincts to attract partners with whom we can have mutually beneficial research, learning and teaching, and engagement relationships.