The Policy Lifecycle Process implements the Melbourne Policy Framework and provides guidance on developing, amending and rescinding policies.
Policy lifecycle - roles and responsibilities
- Policy Approvers are responsible for:
- approving the establishment, amendment and revocation of University policies
- taking account of any advice from relevant advisory groups or committees.
- Policy Stewards are senior officers responsible for:
- providing advice on approved policies under their stewardship
- drafting or overseeing the drafting of policy
- reviewing policy in accordance with this Framework
- consulting key stakeholders and obtaining advice from Legal Services as required, and
- ensuring new policy and major amendments to policy are promulgated.
The Policy Officer within Legal and Risk facilitates consultation, amendments, endorsement and approvals for University policies.
The University may change policies to meet new needs (e.g. a new University activity or strategy), changing circumstance or legislation, etc.
All members of the University community have the opportunity to provide feedback on draft policies, which are made available on the Policy Consultation Hub.